Re: RC: sugar beet pulp by another name?

>Dianne edward_dianne_verhage@hypermax.net.au
>Hi list
>I am looking for Sugar beet pulp in Australia and am told it's not
>available here - I always thought it was a by-product of sugar production.
>What is it actually?  Maybe it goes by another name here - if I know what
>it
>is, I can investigate further.
>Thanks
>Dianne

It is a by-product of sugar production *IF* the sugar is obtained from
sugar beets (http://www.fb.com/nefb/ag-ed/beets.html).

It would appear (http://www.ifap.org/wabcg/wabcglmem.html) that Australian
sugar producers grow sugar cane and extract the sugar from that.

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky