Stinger Fly Zappers!!!!

Has anyone successfully trained their horses to tolerate the stinger lights
that zap insects.

My guys go absolutely nutso when they hear ours zap even if it's 100yds
away. One of them was bucking in his stall in place and biting himself on
his knees and his flanks, he was so upset. Once I turned the thing off he
was quiet and peaceful again. It was 100yds away!

It really helps keep the fly pop down, but we haven't been able to use it.
Maybe we'll have to put it on the other side of the house.

Thanks,

Susan in Illinois