RE: V2B Vienna-Budapest from an historical perspective

To me, what is more interesting would be an answer to the question I asked
previously and got no response to. It was:

Came across an interesting comment regarding the AERC/FEI discussion; <<<<In
1950, endurance riding was recognized as an equine sport by the Federation
Équestre Internationale (FEI)>>>>

Considering this bit of information you could suppose that the FEI
definitely pre-dated the AERC by more than a decade! Now, does any one have
any information regarding this? Where were the competitions being held back
in 1950.

Considering that it is well defined in the FEI General Regulations as
follows:

<<<<4.1. To be considered for proposal to the General Assembly as an added
FEI discipline and to be governed by these
General Regulations the activity in question must be practiced by a minimum
of thirty NFs from at least four geographical
groups with a total participation of a minimum of ten thousand
competitors.>>>>

I would pose several questions the would be of interest; since it requires
thirty NF's, exactly who were these NF's practicing endurance competition
prior to and in 1950. In addition the requirement is for a minimum of ten
thousand competitors. Where were these competitors competing?  Was the
United States one of the thirty NF's? If so, who was competing then?

This could be interesting from many view points and also an adjunct to our
history of endurance riding.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID