Re: RC: V2B Vienna-Budapest from an historical perspective

Tom,

The US Cavalry trials pre-date these events.  The US Cavalry trilas were not
exactly like our endurance rides of today, but if I remember correctly ( and
Becky correct me if I am wrong ), the Cavalry trials are pointed to by the
Florida Horsemen Association as the basis of the FL 3 day 100 mile CTR - which
has been going on much longer than endurance riding - and CTR in general.

What would be interesting to know is were the US Cavalry trails based on a
European custom.

Truman