RE: RE: V2B Vienna-Budapest from an historical perspective

In a message dated Sun, 24 Jun 2001  7:59:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Bob Morris" <bobmorris@rmci.net> writes:

<< Well familiar with the military rides but these were not FEI as far as I can
find out. I would like to know what rides the FEI was sanctioning back in
the '50's. This is something I had never heard mentioned before associated
with the AERC/FEI discussion.>>

Could be that "recognizing" the sport is not the same thing as having sanctioned rides.  One could "recognize" the sport as something that has a common tradition in a great many countries, with an eye to future sanctioning.  Just a thought, since the two terms do not mean the same thing.

Heidi