Re: Response to Angie

In a message dated 6/22/01 10:58:04 AM, rides2far@juno.com writes:

<< >> When I can't, I am an
> ex or > former endurance rider just the way (but on a slightly higher >
level)! Joe Montana is an ex-football player, Muhammad Ali is a former
boxing > champ or

I beg to differ (can't believe I'm argueing with the master).  To me
becoming an endurance rider is like losing your virginity...you don't get
it back!  You may get to the point that riding to the end of the driveway
and back is a challenge, but *you* have earned the title endurance rider
PERMANENTLY.   >>

But Angie, when I am 90 and act and look it and someone introduces me to
somebody new, they can't say "this is Julie, an endurance rider" without the
people guffawing right out of the room.  They have to say "This is Julie, a
former endurance rider."

On the other hand you do have a good point...once a mother, always a mother.
"This is Julie, a mother of four"  not "this is Julie, a former mother. "

Angie, I think you are messing with my brain!  I concede.

Julie