RE: Endurance in the Olympics - Final word from me!

2. Dress must be appropriate and not detrimental to the

image of Endurance Riding. It is strongly recommended at all

Endurance competitions and it is compulsory at Championships

and CEIOs to wear the following dress:

- breeches or riding tights* and high boots, or

- breeches or riding tights* with gaiters or high socks

and ankle boots or running shoes, or

- jodhpurs and ankle boots or running shoes

- a shirt with collar

- for ceremonies a uniform dress with hunting cap or

recognised helmet and with long-sleeved jackets or

wind breakers, shirt and team tie is required

- in inclement weather, appropriate dress may be

added.

For safety reasons, if any sporting shoes without heels are

worn, an enclosed stirrup or other safety stirrup must be used.

* Riding tights, if worn, must be approved by the Ground Jury.

It is not so much the dress code as the way in which it is sometimes implemented.

Bob Morris