RE: Re: Fencing

Just don't go buy that electric tape that's a nylon woven material about an
inch or so wide with wire strands going through it.  There's varying quality
levels out there, meaning some may last a week or two and some up to a year.
Certainly not sufficient for a horse product!  We bought the stuff because
we thought it would add some visibility to the fence.  Yep, it was pretty
visible after it broke and was floating around like a kite, scaring the crap
out of the horses!

The big problem with the stuff is the wind and we have more than our fair
share so others may have better luck that us.  It's big enough to provide a
surface for the wind to push against, but not stiff enough to resist the
wind.  So it flaps no matter how tight you pull it and rubs on any surface
that it touches and eventually breaks.  We tried putting twists in, but that
didn't help enough.  So now the tape is tied in little bits on the regular
electric wire for visibility (which probably isn't as much an issue as I
imagine it!)

Marlene