Re: RC: Re: Fencing

We recently (in the last 4 years) fenced & cross
fenced 10 acres in the mountains of West Virginia.
Rocks DEFINITELY influenced our choice of fencing
materials.

In the past we had used post & board fencing, but it
was high maintenance.  Also, the posts had to be set
exactly right for the length of the boards.  Short of
using dynamite, that wasn't possible where we live
now.

We opted to go with Centaur Fencing.  It is several
high tensile wires encased in a PVC/vinyl material
that makes it look like a wide board.  Line posts can
be set anywhere from 8 to 16' apart.  End posts are
set up like any other high tensile fence.  It comes in
brown, black or white.  We chose white & found that it
is very visible even in snow.

When the horses run into it or kick at it, it "gives"
a little & snaps right back into place.  It was the a
little cheaper in price than board fencing and there
is zero maintenance.  If I ever had to fence again,
I'd certainly select it.  If you search on centaur
fencing there are websites with it.  They also
advertise periodically in Equus.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV