Re: Spurs

In a message dated 5/31/01 10:33:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 4horn@home.com
writes:

> I agree with Jean, I also would lobby hard against a NO SPURS rule. I
>  recently bought myself my first pair of spurs, that after a lot of
>  thinking and researching, I feel are needed.

I know I'll have at least one spur in my fanny pack when I try and get
Princess across that river at the GERA ride this coming August.  You have to
go down this deep incline and then cross a large river; and I know my young
mare will just freak out when she sees this.  For this crossing I will have
spurs and a crop.

I would love to train her to cross this obstacle calmly, but we ain't got no
such thing (hills and a raging river) here in my neck of the woods (Central
Florida).  And I can't even take her to the beach till November cause of the
way we protect turtles here.

Why on earth would AERC want to follow FEI in this area?  FEI used to allow
whips until the French over used theirs at the finish line during last year's
World Championship's.  If I had gone to Biltmore I would have worn spurs and
carried a crop, just to freak out the stewards there.  Yell and scream at me,
Maggie, please; I just love the attention.  haha.

cya,
Howard