Re: RC: Spurs

In a message dated 5/31/01 6:49:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

I disagree with the FEI rule 'no spurs'  and
will lobby strongly if any AERC board tries
to go the same route.

Some people will cry about this but I have also seen
riders carry branches made into whips during a ride
and toss it if they needed to-- So just making another
rule is not the solution.

We haven't shown any indication of making a "no spurs" rule.  And yes, I have
seen riders carry branches to use as horse swatters. Every so often a horse
needs a wake up call.  It doesn't take brutality to get a horse's attention.

Barbara
West region director