Marciante

bb bkcbs@hotmail.com
I have both Marciante and Stonewall.  (And a host of other saddles...!) Anyway, Stonewall has a deeper seat, which is the biggest difference.  The Marciante I have is made of a black, very very soft leather, so conforms wonderfully to your legs (ie: no sore knees), also seat is padded. HOWEVER, I have a couple of friends who have a cheaper version of this saddle and the seat is harder (suggest a saddle pad for the tush), also stirrup leathers are not as supple, so need lots of oil and the ol' broomstick twist to make them comfy.  I also found the Marciante did not fit the smallest of my horses...14.3, short-coupled. The saddle was too long. Stonewall was better for this horse.  I prefer riding in the Stonewall, find it more close contact.  Though the Marciante has a lot less bulk than some of the other endurance saddles, so you have a better feel for your horse. (i own a Sharon Saare too which is a lot heavier, much less feel for your horse.. if you were raised riding english you'll know what i mean).  Anyhow, for the money...Marciante is good, as is Stonewall.   And most people i know who have them have not had problems with them soring their horses...