Fwd: CANCEL IDRA RIDE

---- Begin included message ----
Dear Louise,
        I am writing you  to let you know that the IDRA I ride is having
to be canceled. It seems like  everything that could go wrong did and
has as far as plans for this years ride and I regret to cancel but have
no alternatives at this point . So if you will forward this  to Ridecamp
, AERC and UMECRA  members as soon as possible I would much appreciate
it.
         I guess the first problem came when they(the state) changed
Rangers at the park at Ramsey this last year prior to the ride and had
an interim  manager and things went fine for the ride and things went as
normal. It appeared at that time that the new Ranger would be the
Secretary who had been at the park for years and was always very helpful
to us, but the way the state works she did not get the job. Our ride was
scheduled for this year and on the board of events as we always done
with the previous Ranger (Jay) who is now up north at a park. through
Jays work and our requests the Horse park was upgraded on several
occasions form only holding a few rigs and a pond to  running water
another parking area  and new bathrooms and this year we was to get
electric. But that now is past history. I called earlier this year to
make sure everything was set and told it  was fine. then just recently
as usually  when i  arranged for rooms for vets I check with park again.
This time the new Ranger  was there and said I would have to fill  out a
use permit and it would have to be  approved by the state(even though on
the permit it says the Ranger has authority to approve and only
rejections go to state) I met with him and work through all the
problems  and thought again everything was  finalized  , such as no
fault papers to state, extra insurance  to state  and the list went on.
I offered our services to collect camping money like we have for years
and that was a no and he said everyone would have to  either drive to
headquarters and check in and pay fees first. I thought i could work
around that by just  prepaying  camp fees for everyone . So I went ahead
with plans till this past weekend and it all fell apart  When i got  the
permit in the mail  there was things we could not live with and I called
him to talk .  It appears he has a bad impression of endurance rides
from locals  who  want the park that weekend to. He said he was told  we
were rude  ,  hogged trail and  left no place for them to park so here
it was. We had to leave  5 sites  for non ride people in main part and
another 5 spots in the back and when it filled up to the Rangers
expectations  others would be turned away.  He would not cancel the ride
at  time. But might not approve it in future.Well this would not work!!
Then when I got home I had a call from  one vet that had to cancel and
am not sure about second vet so  this is where I am  I feel it is best
to cancel  so  I can regroup for next year. I am so sorry as I never had
anything go so bad and so many friends depending on this ride . I do
want to thank everyone for there support and understanding and
especially to my   best friends  linda and Aaron  who always help and
support me. thanks again . Please send this on to everyone.

David Ash

---- End included message ----