Re: Experience with injuries needed

Vicki asked:

>Is there any chance this much damage could be from interfering?  He normal
tracks true, but he is still clumsy at times.>

Been there, done that.  You'd be amazed the kind of damage that can be done
with interference.

>Last -- how do I stop this????  Do I keep bell boots on him whenever he is
turned out?<

I would.  In fact, I do.  I no longer have problems with mysterious missing
pieces of heel, or cuts to the back of the fetlock that require stitching!

>>this horse could find a way to incur vet bills in a padded stall. :-(  )<<

One of Toc's worst "intereference episodes" took place when he was getting
up inside his stall from lying down (see referece above to stitches).  I now
keep his bell boots on at night, too!

The good news is that, as they develop, and lose their clumsiness, this type
of thing does go away.  I probably don't need the bell boots anymore, but
I'm a little over-cautious.

Tracey