Re: RC: Max

Sometimes though, no matter how many precautions we take or how educated we
may be, SHIT happens.  I do think that some of the "questions" posed, though
not meant to be an "attack",  may have been taken that way by some.
Everyone can conjecture what if.  Yes, this thread has provided some
education.  Hopefully, though, no one who has questioned what might have
been done differently or what if will fall into a false sense of security
thinking that because THEY would do it differently, it can't happen to them.
It can and it will... Murphy's law of owning horses...the more safety
precautions you take to make sure NOTHING can go wrong only ensures that it
WILL!  :)  OK, some light humor there.  But we see everyday, the clients who
keep their horses in pastures with glass and tin and old junk and farm
equipment have horses without a scratch while the people who have the most
expensive and "safest" fence available with the best barns are the ones who
always have a hurt horse for one reason or another.  Go figure.  Years ago,
I had horses get onto the road and get killed....I'm not providing any
details.  Suffice it to say that I would hope my friends on RC would not
have rushed to judgement and tell me how I could have done it differently or
how they would have done it differently.  It has taken me years to realize
that shit does happen and while there are times negligence can be blamed,
most times it is pure and simple bad luck...my thoughts and prayers go out
to all who loved Max.  This, too, shall pass.
Maggie