re: Endurance Riding for Idiots

Kris, I am not a big time rider but I have ridden endurance for 10 years.  I have always tied my horses to the trailer - and my friends/husbands horses as well.  Altogether, I have had 6 horses tied to three different trailers in OK, TX and MI that have done just fine at the rides after coming off open pastures and standing tied directly to the trailer all night.

I think Edie and Linn Booth are doing the Road Warrior ride - and she is WONDERFUL with new riders.  My first taste of Endurance was at one of Edie's rides, and she had me volunteer the first day and ride the second (I now suspect she may have had an ulterior motive.  Volunteers can be hard to come by!), and I am deeply grateful for the welcome she gave a totally ignorant 29 year old yankee lost in East Texas.

Go, ride, have a great time, and don't worry about fitting in.  You know what is the same about all endurance riders?  Their individuality!

Laurie (Shanahan) Hilyard