Re: bike chain hackamore

>them a few letters, and talked to them personally, telling them that these bits >were not only inhumane, but abusive, and that why do they cater to animal >abusers? Maybe we should cancel a shopping trip or two and go to >somewhere else?   Then they stopped offering those bits.   Well today, I >was

JMO, and while I would never use a bike chain bit/hackamore with any horse, it seems to me that *any* bit can be inhumane and abusive in the wrong hands.  Same with spurs, whips, most anything.

Some of the worst sores I've ever seen came from mild bits that the rider was jerking around and sawing at all the time and no one ever gave it a thought because it "was only a snaffle".

I agree that a chain bit can cause pretty horrible injuries.  I once saw a horse with half a tongue because of a bike chain bit injury---but then I've seen similar injuries with a simple twisted wire snaffle as well.

Just food for thought and JMO.  Bits aren't abusive, people are.

Susan G