Re: joint sanctioning/concurrent rides confusion

Deanna,
I don't think you have to worry about the LDs in Michigan.  I think most of
them except for a couple offer BC for LD....which I think is what Wayne
Gastfield is doing.  I doubt if it's anything extraordinary.  We had a lot
of fun doing LD last year and all of the LD riders were treated with respect
and the horses given the same consideration as the other distances.  Of
course, your horse has to recover to 60  to finish so1st across the line
doesn't mean a thing if your horse can't recover.  I am hoping to do some LD
from time to time for FUN.  It IS fun and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  :)
Of course, this year the serious work begins with the 50 milers and though I
hope to have FUN doing 50s, I may need to do a 25 once in a while for the
heck of it.  I didn't get to do the Shore to Shore last year but am hoping
to do it this year.  Don't worry that a "top" prize or BC is going to
compromise any horses....Rae Birr, head vet, won't allow that for any horse
at any distance for any reason.  I am excited about the prospect of doing
the STS.  Come on up...I bet you'll have a ball!  :)  Hope to see you there!
Maggie Mieske and Mashallah Al Malik