Re: Re: From the Trenches

> Thats as good as the breeder I know who's neighbor called the sheriff.
Said
> she was abusing her horses because she didn't shoe them and keep them
> stalled. They have very nice turnout sheds in their pasture for shelter
when

I have a story like that.  Years ago when I actually had time to ride and
compete regularly, I kept Cato (briefly) at a fancy-shmancy snooty
equestrian center where there was lovely landscaping and box stalls, but you
were limited to 15 minute turnouts, trail riding was considered vulgar and
that sort of thing.  Don't even ask about the reaction to the bright blue
biothane and blue riding tights.<g>  So Cato got ridden a minimum of 5-8
miles a day and 20 mile rides twice a week, plus a 50 mile ride once or
twice a month.  He was fit, as happy as a horse can be in a stall and
everything was fine.  Nevertheless, I got turned into Animal Control for
cruelty because (horrors), my horse was LYING DOWN and SNORING in his stall
at night.  Poor exhausted abused baby, he wasn't doing what all properly
cared for horses there did, like pacing, kicking, weaving, cribbing,
foundering and colicking.

<g>

Susan G