RE: RC: Heat bumps

Linda Flemmer said "Gray horses will not show
the white hair, but they will often have white skin in
the damaged spot where their skin would normally be
black."

It's true they don't show white hairs, which wouldn't show up anyway, but all
of the greys I have seen that have a scar or pressure damage due to poor
fitting tack have DARK hair over that spot.  I have two greys that have
these, and know of at least two or three others.  It has something to do with
the way the pigment develops with the greying gene, and the color changes
that occur with each shedding cycle.  jeri