Re: RC: young adults & Endurance

> I just wanted to comment that I don't see very many young adults  like
my self in this wonderful sport.

I think it's more than just money.  I started at age 27.  When you're
young you want to socialize on horses (meet guys at horse shows)  You
also want to look good doing it (jeans & chaps, not tights!). You want to
be seen more.  Your attention span is shorter.  A year seems like
forever.

When you get older you enjoy time to get away, thus long lonesome
training rides are an enjoyable experience.  You are now more capable of
setting long term goals...two years LSD is not a major percentage of your
age.  You realize you're mortal and going wide open no longer holds the
appeal it used to. When I was young driving an hour to a show was a long
haul.  When I got older I could imagine hauling 2 hours...then 4, then
6... Just getting used to traveling around the country made me more
likely to do endurance.  Unless your parents compete...or a neighbor
takes you under their wing, chances are slim that a youth will get into
this sport.  Personally, I think late 20's is just right.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.