Re: RC: underage horse

Like Jessica says, can't be stressed enough.

Two riders came up to me at my '99 ride, saying that an entered horse
in the 50 was 4.  I verified it (through breed registration records)
and disqualified him at the event.  His entrance of that horse in the
ride was protested, and yeah, it was upheld, and as a
level-playing-field rules fan, I was happy about that--but to me what
was more important was that the riders felt they could bring it to my
attention, and that it was indeed *handled* at the local level.

Do tell ride management.  And if the horse is entered, is in fact
underage, tell *everyone* at the ride.  Shunning, it's an old
tradition...but make sure you have your facts straight.

Lynne
Norco Riverdance Ride