Re: RC: young adults & Endurance

In a message dated 05/22/2001 11:47:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
polaristhewonderhorse@hotmail.com writes:

I just wanted to comment that I don't see very many young adults like
my self in this wonderful sport.
Now when I say young adults I'm referring to ages 18 threw 29.
Am I the only one who's in there 20's in this sport?

I have also noticed the absent 20 somethings at endurance rides. My husband
and I are in our 30s and we have taken up endurance almost two years ago. My
guess would be 20 somethings are concentrating on careers and children. I
myself have kids who are now old enough to look after themselves and each
other and that is why I can do endurance now, I could not have 10 years ago,
I was up to my elbows in diapers and Barney. Plus when parents have teenagers
they realize that they NEED to get out so as not to pull all their hair out.
I would imagine that many younger people are working hard at starting their
careers, not wanting to take the time off on their way up the ladder. BUT
then you get older and wiser and start living and enjoying your own life....

Maria (older, wiser with teenagers)