Re: RC: GPS Filet Mignon

At 07:28 AM 05/19/2001 -0400, Truman Prevatt, PhD wrote:

>PS I can just hear it now someplace out in the middle of western Nebraska this
>June, "my kingdom for a battery."

Batteries?  You think we have room for batteries, don't you know how much
they weigh? <vbg>  Some of us have spouses who are totally having fits over
how much everything weighs.  Mine told me that I have a choice -- I can
bring hay and water....or......I can bring the horses!  Then when that
doesn't work, he offers to stay home.   ha!  (he had to go weigh the entire
rig at the dump -- how stupid was that, I didn't wanna know that!) :+D

Besides, some of us have had this conversation, and have it all figured
out.  Since so many of us are hauling 1700 miles to the ride start, our
horses are going to get there and then they'll be headed home.  Besides,
the directions being provided are excellent, we won't get lost.  :+)

I sure hope he lets me bring both horses. <G>   I actually have more, just
only have a 2 horse trailer so only 2 get to go at a time, good thing I
have places to stash them along the way.  Am I the only one going on this
ride with a 2 horse trailer?

btw, in case anybody hasn't figured out how to get hay on their hayrack,
here are a couple of pics of the hoist my husband made, it works really
well:  http://members.nbci.com/ridephotos/dave/hoist.html

Happy Trails,

Karen
in NV