Re: Re: Tom Ivers, Smoky & Bill

----- Original Message -----
From: Jude Hall <hall@denison.edu>> I was offended by TI's insults as soon
as he hopped back on this> list, and wonder why he is so defensive?  I don't
know all the details> of Becky Huffman's posts or Kathy Mayedas, but it
seems that they were> asking legitimate questions.   It also seems to be the
type of 'proof'> that TI always insists on himself.  In the last digest I
read that he > also kicked Darolyn Butler off for also questioning
(privately to him) > the Smokey & Bill stories.  There seem to be a number
of bona fide > endurance riders who are questioning.

I'm responding since the question was asked.

After my initial rude comment, and suggestion that ti should verify Bill's
record with an official source, we did have a correspondence of sorts which
was, basically, a string of insults to me, including a threat to make my
life miserable, from ti and a response from me with information and facts.
I sent him Bill's AERC ride record, and the ride results from some of the
dates of Bills wins.  I thought that Bill could be riding under an assumed
name, but there were different names for first to finish and BC, and
different names at each ride.  Ti finally forwarded me a post from someone
else (unnamed) who explained that Bill's record wouldn't be available thru
AERC since he wasn't a member, and I explained back, that wasn't the case.

I have been accused of, among other things, having a personal agenda against
Bill, which I don't.  My concern is for the validity of research that is
being presented.

a point to think about: I could in no way injure Bill by pointing out that
he was not riding, if indeed he was, that simply makes me look silly(or
whatever). I don't know why they didn't mention the other org initially.

After several days of 'discussion', it was explained to me that he was
riding with a different endurance org in east Texas. OK.  It was also
explained to me, in no uncertain terms, that ti did not care to market his
product to endurance riders (except for his one particular client). OK.

I promised in my second post that if I were wrong about Bill's ride record,
I would apologize and since learning from them of the other endurance org, I
did.  Still without hard evidence, but I'm assuming this other club is not
online, and at this point, rather then continuing to be a backstabbing,
moronic gossip with personal agendas, I have taken Bill at his word.

I've refrained from public comment on this except in direct response to my
name being mentioned.  I think I have covered all the points that were
addressed during the discussion., if you have specific questions, I'll
answer as best I can.

Becky Huffman, Cleburne, Texas
Huffman's Arabians ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/Huffman/

"There are always alternatives." - Spock