Re: Tom Ivers, Smoky & Bill

I have been subscribed to the Horsescience list and read it when I have
time in a digest form.  I first heard of the 'problem' with people
questioning Bill's reports and Tom Iver's ire on Ridecamp.....

I had myself, wondered about the validity of the incredible reports he
was sending, but hey, I'm no expert. ;-)

I read the message from TI telling of a new purge - to get rid of a lot
of Ridecamp people and asking that everyone complete a survey to justify
being on the list. Well, over lunch, as I was mulching my garden, I
decided to unsubscribe to Horsescience.  Actually, i didn't get that
much from it, as I am not a high powered endurance rider and can't ever
see myself using his products.  I just ride for fun, some CTR and LD.  I
did enjoy Dr. Kellon's informative posts tho.

But...I was offended by TI's insults as soon as he hopped back on this
list, and wonder why he is so defensive?  I don't know all the details
of Becky Huffman's posts or Kathy Mayedas, but it seems that they were
asking legitimate questions.   It also seems to be the type of 'proof'
that TI always insists on himself.  In the last digest I read that he
also kicked Darolyn Butler off for also questioning (privately to him)
the Smokey & Bill stories.  There seem to be a number of bona fide
endurance riders who are questioning.  TI looks at it as attacking a
different idea...can't really figure that one out.

I enjoy this list, for all it's ups and downs, I've learned a lot and I
enjoy reading of other people's adventures on rides (fluff if you will,
but I love it!).

What I don't enjoy is having to kowtow to someone in order to be allowed
to be on a list.  One is not allowed to question or God forbid,
disagree...How silly.  There is too much ego involved.  Hardly worth my
time.  Perhaps to others, they are willing to tiptoe around in order to
glean some info that might help them succeed at endurance.

Ah well, I'm glad there is this list.

Jude
& Kentucky Redbud in Ohio