Re: where to get ex-racehorse arabs?

Greetings Lif,
Well, I guess I can't stay out of this forever!  If you will list  your
questions again I will try to answer them.  I have been using ex-race horses
for the last 14 years in endurance and for any other equestrian sports I
have been in.  This includes dressage, riding to the hounds, and other fun
activities.  I do not consider myself an expert and have left this
discussion to people who probably know better than I.  Since 1984 I have had
app. 20 ex-race horses that I have wound up with.  Most of these horses
simply needed a home and I had the room so...............they came to live
with me.  I had my favorites, and so I kept a number of them.  They have
come from various racing stables.  I love the attitude these horses arrive
with.  It is a "let me see"............"I can do it" type of attitude.  They
have all had this attitude.  And they have been from different racing
stables, and different trainers.  My only  guess is this attitude develops
from dealing with with the crowds, unusual sights, different localities,
different people, and so forth.  I have never had to deal with an issue of
soundness.  Fortunately all have been totally sound in all 4 legs.  Are they
hyper????   Yes, all of them are and were.  It takes a bit of riding to calm
them down, but they all calmed down.  Some were real challenges, and I would
not recommend them for a beginning rider.  The one and only I have right now
was the biggest challenge I ever had.  But (2 years later) I am now very
glad I have him and expect to compete heavily this year.  I could go on and
on........but I feel I am the minority in ridecamp.  I would recommend an
ex-race horse to anyone of intermediate to advanced riding skills.  To
qualify this statement I have to say..............You can't be a type A
personality to ride a race horse and bring him down.  I would qualify myself
as a type D personality.  I have been known to put a number of Quarter
horses to sleep............literally.  I am a very quiet rider.

Anyway, I know where you can get all the ex-racehorses, Arab or thoroughbred
that you want!!!  Let me know if you are looking and I will be glad to help!

Kriss