Re: RC: where to get ex-racehorse arabs?

At 09:26 PM 1/10/01, DESERTRYDR1@aol.com wrote:
>One advantage of an ex-racehorse properly conformed and with a good
>temperament and without injuries is that they have been conditioned, so
>you are not starting completely from scratch

No, you wouldn't be starting completely from scratch, but you would be
starting with a horse that has been conditioned for *completely different
sport* and has probably NOT received any LSD work.  So why not start with a
plow horse?  Or a roping horse?  Doesn't the quality and kind of base put
on an endurance horse matter?  Or are we going back to the concept of
endurance as a non-specialized sport in which "any old horse will do".

I'm not actually against ex-racehorses for endurance, I'm just FOR riding
horses that were bred and conditioned for endurance, not some other
sport.  I have never received any answer to the issues I've raised in the
past few days.

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
             Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
           Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html