Re: RC: Re: Fwd: FEI Stuff, (Spurs, Safety, Self-defense, etc.)

In a message dated 01/08/2001 11:42:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

<< I also think the jury is still out on how the FEI endurance will be
perceived by
 the US public in general.  >>

Fortunately, if I understand it correctly, it won't matter a whole lot how
the US public views FEI endurance rules, as they will be applied only to
international events, not local ones.  These rules are being applied to ALL
equestrian events that take place on an international level, including the
Olympics.  The 3-day events, the dressage, the driving, all at the Olympics,
were governed by FEI rules for that particular discipline.  FEI rules will
not rule local AERC rides, only the ones who are willing to host a ride under
FEI rules, such as qualifying rides for FEI endurance hopefuls.  In order for
our USA riders to be able to compete in international endurance events, from
now on, they must qualify in FEI sanctioned rides.  We will offer a dual
sanctioned ride in July...one will run under AERC rules only, the other will
run under FEI rules.  Same ride, same time, same trail, same day....just dual
sanctioning.  There will also be a Region 3 IAHA championship ride, so
actually, triple sanctioning.  Or some riders will ride the AERC/FEI ride and
some will ride the AERC/IAHA ride.  Others will ride only the AERC ride and
some will ride/run the Ride & Tie event.  Quite a circus this will be.  It
should flow perfectly smoothly.

Barbara