Re: RC: The spurs and the leg

Yep, short legged riders can have similar problems, too. And the
distractions and hazardous obstacles faced on the trail in no way compare to
obedience in a schooling/show ring. In response to other replies I've seen,
I've never seen the horse that was absolutely perfect, always, especially
for 20 hours/100 miles. The consequences of not paying attention in the
arena means you do it again, at a show you lose points/ribbons. On the
"trail" you might swing out into traffic or over a cliff because something
scary jumped out on the other side, or run over somebody who has fallen.
Your excellently trained horse's first mistake might be your last.
I've seen enough bad horsemanship to understand why the rule was passed.
What I don't understand is the smug self-righteous attitude that such tools
never have a proper place on trail.
Nancy Mitts