quality publications

I'd like to make a few comments about the EN and Yearbook., especially since
it was the topic of such heated debate on ridecamp recently.

I like the pretty, glossy format, but when I opened my Jan issue, the center
pages fell out,... not very impressive.

which reminded me that all the pages broke out of the binding in my Yearbook
last year.... *very* unimpressive.  I keep my yearbooks and refer back to
the often... so this is a pretty big deal. I only keep the monthly ENs about
a year and then pass them around to whoever wants them, so they continue to
educate and advertise for the sport for a long time... pages falling out is
pretty embarrassing.  For comparison, I have a collection of 1950-60s
Arabian magazines that are still in excellent shape with all their pages.

I also have a suggestion for the format of the yearbook.  I don't know who
it needs to go to, but I wish it could be given serious consideration.
With the horses and riders being listed by region, it makes it virtually
impossible to do any kind of research.  I think that they should be listed
in one section for horses and one for riders, like this.

rider section:
rider name / region / EN miles / LD miles:
Rebecca Huffman    CT    1550    275    (for example)

The horse section the same, with an owner listing.

Thanks.

Becky Huffman, Cleburne, Texas
Huffman's Arabians ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/Huffman/

"Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from
doing something worthwhile." Sir Wilfred Grenfell (1865--1940)