FEI Stuff

>So, if the motivation of the FEI in passing the addition of >whips to
the "spurs are prohibited" rule was because of the >excessive use of the
whip at the finish line

So, spurs are required in dressage, whips are allowed in jumping, and
there's no way anyone (unless riding alongside another rider) could
witness more excessive use of the whip than in the average Thoroughbred
race so what's the big deal? I think it's our distance that's the
variable here. Goodness knows the chances of career or life threatening
injuries are FAR greater for a horse running a mile around a racetrack,
but when there are even some people who ride 50 miles on a regular basis
who have trouble imagining riding a horse 100 miles you're bound to have
trouble convincing the public, or even non-endurance horsemen it's O.K.
They'll be looking pretty hard trying to figure out why these horses do
it. So many morons to educate....

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.