Shoulder joint

Jim:

I should have clarified my statement.
The joint you speak of is indeed called the shoulder joint, but it's not like
joints as I  think of them, as it's the only "joint" in the horse that doesn't have ligaments
to hold it in place.  There are only muscles surrounding the joint, which act as ligaments..

SO, I got out my anatomy book and checked for the "popping" shoulder aliment described in the
original post.

If the shoulder "pops" outward as the horse puts weight on the leg, it could be that the muscles
are not working due to nerve damage.  If it's nerve damage, the muscles will atrophy and
tighten, and in effect, act as ligaments, and the should may stop popping.

Sorry for the confusion, The way I made that statement,  I *was* incorrect.

Barb

Referenced messages:

In a message dated 4/28/01 9:11:07 PM Central Daylight Time,