Virus and digest mail

I am on the digest form of email on a couple of list (this one encluded)

My question:  Is the digest form of email immune to the  virus?

Reason I ask is both list have mentioned virsus and Macafee (updated daily)
has not caught, announced, active X'd, anything on either list. Ran virus
scan and nothing has showed up.
Befor when I was on Digest it would occasionaly tell me when some email had
a virus.
Anybody know what might be up?
Thanks for any info.
Nicki