Re: RC: Virus protection: A Personal Choice

Geez, April
Who gave you the happy pill today? And with such a pretty name.....
Most of us do not get an average of 50-100 emails on our personal mail
(unless they are VERY popular or on every spam list West of the
Mississippi). Sooo, ridecamp is indeed the biggest threat that we all
face. I Have spent the bucks and have a protection program BUT there are
new viruses coming out all the time and one could miss one between
updates (even if religious about it). No one was DEMANDING that John get
a program; some of us are just inquiring to see if it is POSSIBLE. The
emails all go to Ridecamp first--- it would seem logical that this would
be an excellent stopping place--- if possible. I'll contact my friend
who runs my server and see if there are firewalls which would stop
viruses. We would still have to eliminate HTML which for the most part
only means we can't use our pretty fonts and personal stationery----
small price to pay.
Someone asked about turning off html--- it is in the preferences section
under Formatting of Netscape Navigator (under Edit on the top of the
program ) and I BELIEVE it is under Internet Tools in Explorer. Someone
will have to help out there.
You no longer have to "open" an ATTACHMENT to catch a virus/worm--- new
"improvements" every day. And some of us use our work computers and they
may or may not be up to date with new virus definitions.
No one else is pointing the finger or admonishing anyone, April. We're
all a bunch of horse lovers who want to exchange ideas and have a mutual
problem now with computer VD. We're trying to put our heads together for
some possible solutions.
Go out and enjoy the sunshine (80 degrees here today!);-)
Bette
PS Noticed you were using plain text with no attachments-- looks like
you are doing your part!

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov