leg cramps

People-not horse.  Over the years I have sometimes gotten cramps in my
inner thigh muscle when riding.  This saturday I got a really sever
cramp after being on my horse for about five hours.  Anyone else
experience this and what have you found that helps?  I could barely
dismount and was finally able to walk which I did for about ten minutes.
The muscle is still sore today, Monday.  Yes, I drink water during the
ride-maybe not enough.  I carried a bottle of Gatoraide and drank that
too.  Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.  Thanks,  Mary S,
Arlington, Wa.