Re: RC: strongid daily

The issue I see with the daily wormier is that while it was tested and approved,
I sincerely doubt that it was tested where horses were put under the types of
metabolic stresses that endurance horses are put under. You can also bet your
bippy that the manufacturer is not all that concerned if there are problems in a
very small portion of the equine population. It's a big buck maker from them and
they do have stock holders to answer to who are only concered about the bottom
line.

There have been enough smoking guns - the only management change was the daily
wormier - where a horse with no previous metabolic problems starts to get
metabolic problems that I choose not to use it if I'm riding a lot.  I do and
have used it for periods of time, but not whild campaigning.

My gut feeling is if experienced vets are swearing at it while others are
swearing by it, there is still an open question with endurance horses.

Truman