Re: crupper help

> Now, I ride in a Stubben with a
> brest collar, toklat wool pad with a stubben string
> girth, but I have never used a crupper.   So what kind
> of crupper should I use?  Has anyone had any
> experience using that biothane T you put in the back
> of your english saddle to attach a crupper to?

Celeste -

I ride in a Stubben Tristan with a T and a nylon (poly) crupper with
fuzzy tailpiece.  A friend has the identical crupper with the plastic
tube tail piece.  Both work great.

Interesting though, every once in a while a good strong buck will pop
out the T.  I recommend putting a T in every saddle and not changing the
T in & out because it loosens up over time when you do that.

Take your time introducing it in case she's goosey.  The adjustment
period is usually pretty short once they get the idea that it won't
bite.

-Abby B

--
* * *