Citronella and Killer bees

Hi all:
I don't know if this has been posted or not so if it has bear with me. Here
in Arizona the winter was much wetter than normal. Great for wildflowers and
HORRIBLE for Killer bees. Any type of flyspray, wash or the like should NOT
have citronella as an ingredient, It is an attractant for these bees. I am
not sure about the rest of the country but this is a serious issue here and
most bee experts are warning against the use of any citronella containing
product. My vet also confirmed this. We have had numerous attacks already
this year. If you are attacked cover your head and curl up on the ground. You
or your horse are not safe in water as the bees have a tendency to wait for
you. They are not any more deadly than your average honey bee, just more
aggressive. If a swarm is near, you will hear what sounds like a strong wind
or engine noise coming toward you. If you pass a swarm in a tree or wash, do
not stop or swing at any errant bee, just keep on riding. Anyone coming to a
ride in this area of the country, please check your ingredient lists. And,
educate yourself on the proper way to handle these bees. Most bee farmers in
this area are crossing with the domestic honey bee to try and breed the
aggressiveness out of the killer bee. It is working but will take time. In
the meantime, be safe. By the way, if your horse is attacked, most people
will tell you to let the horse take care of itself as there is nothing you
can do to lessen the attack until the bees are gone. Take care of yourself
first, then your animal.