From: Sullivan's
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Cc: Susan Garlinghouse
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 10:39 PM
Subject: RC: new distance feed, comments appreciated

Our local mill has started formulating a "distance" feed.  I will attempt to list the ingredients on the tag, and would appreciate any comments!
I had hoped it was more of a pelleted feed-when I opened the bag, it appeared to look like sweet feed with added pellets in that it was slightly moist and sticky.  I did talk to the rep at the feed mill, and was told that was from the corn oil, but I did notice the feed did have added molasses
(which I am not a fan of).  Anyway, here is the tag:

N.A.F/Bar Ale   (Nutritionally advanced formulation) DISTANCE

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Nutrient          Min               max
Crude Protein  14.0%
Crude fat           6.6%
Crude fiber                          8.0%
Crude Ash                           5.7%

INGREDIENTS

Rolled oats, Wheat Millrun, Soybean Meal, Rolled Corn, Corn Oil, Rice Bran, Canola Meal, Saccharonyces yeast, Limestone, Corn Germ meal
Salt, Dicalcium Phospate, Cane Molasses, Vegetable oil, sulphuric Acid, flavor, Iron Oxide, Propolyene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Calcium
Carbonate, Vitamin E Supplement, Sodium Chloride, Monocalcium phospate, Copper sulfate, Biotin, Zinc Oxide, Mineral Oil, Manganous Oxide,
Proprionic Acid, Choline chloride, Iron Sulfate, Niacin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate,
Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Selenite, (next word mangled by stitching) "Menadionedimethylpyrimidinol, Zinc Methionine, Folic Acid, Vitamin
D 3 supplement, Pyridoxine HCL, Copper Lysine,  Magnesium Oxide, Vitamin B 12, Manganese Methionine, Colbalt Sulfate, Calcium sulfate,
Ground Magnesium limestone, Cobalt, Glucoheptonate, Potassium Chloride, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Zinc Proteinate,
Copper Proteinate, D-Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Cobalt Carbonate, Cobalt Proteinate, Ethylenediamine
Dihydriodide

Whew!

So.......they claimed that the added corn oil would not cause the feed to spoil (becuase of the Propolyene Glycol??) and that this feed
contained some 'Probiotics."

My horses do like it, but I hesitate to feed much; since it appears like sweet feed, but wonder if it would be a good feed during endurance rides

Susan G, any opinoins welcome!!  (forgive typos!)

Karen Sullivan