Re: RC: Horses at the Killer Auction

I've always been curious about this "Dobbin for the French dinner table"
issue.  If the French are supposed to be such gourmands, people so picky
about their food that they hardly consider other cuisine edible, how come
they're apparently so eager to dine on any old American horse that might
have just been wormed or have some disease, some old plug that's been fed
who knows what, that has been stolen and delivered to the
slaughterhouse?  Not that I'm picking on the French, mind you, just using
them as an example.

If I was living in Europe, had been worrying about mad cow disease,
worrying about Foot & Mouth disease, I sure wouldn't be encouraging my
friendly local butcher or market to be buying horse meat that wasn't
specifically raised for the dinner table, that's for sure.  Either they're
all much more desperate than I can imagine or maybe the scare about US
horses being stolen for the meat market is being a bit overstated.

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
                           STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html
   Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options