New ?--Heart monitors

MabelOtay...(gee, see what happens when I lurk forever...got a million
questions when I come out of hiding!)

I THINK I would love to have a heart monitor....after all, I keep track of
MY heart rate when I'm at the gym so I don't over/under work. So, why not
the horse?  After all, he/she can't actually speak the words to me and I'm
just not good enough to take a pulse and trot :)

So, since I know basicly everyone agrees that heart monitors are necessary
equipment when conditioning, not just a novelty...what ones do you guys like
thebest?  The equipment at the gym is powered by Polaris, and seems to work
fine.

PS (thanks to everyone who've taken time to answer me instead of just
letting the new wierdo babble :)