Re: RC: Barbed wire fencing

Kerry,

I recently moved my horse from NJ, where he had seen nothing but solid wooden fencing  for 12 years to CO where he is now surrounded by smooth and barbed wire fencing.  Being the TB that he is I was pretty nervous.  I was afraid he wouldn't see or respect it.  Before he arrived I went around and tied ribbons to the fencing. This just seemed to make the fencing much more visible for both of us.  I also walked him around the fence line before turning him loose.  A year later and no problems.  I really think  making it more visible helps prevent   'run-ins'.  And plus, my neighbors got a good laugh out of my farm decorating!

Good luck, Lindsey