Fwd: Endure the flames

---- Begin included message ----
In a message dated 4/10/01 12:28:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lizfield@jeffnet.org writes:

> I continue to subscribe to this list because of the
>  valuable info, and always hope that the flaming will stop.
>  Liz

I don't think it ever will.  Endurance riders are strong willed people and
have strong convictions about certain things.  One of the unfortunate things
about the internet is that some paragraphs written can take on a whole
different meaning than the writer originally intended.  You don't get to hear
the voice inflection or see that the person is actually smiling as they write
their biting remarks.  Humor comes in all shapes and sizes and even the best
intentions can be misconstrued, by some.

Sometimes I think that surviving here, on ride camp, is tougher than doing a
50 mile endurance ride with pouring down rain and cold temperatures.  Maybe,
even a hundred, although I hope I never see that pain.  Anyway, I think this
might be a good thing.  I know receiving tons of hate mail has made me quite
a bit tougher, and for that, I thank Ridecamp.  As I keep telling the wife,
during our training sessions, endurance is one tough sport.  I hope endurance
and ridecamp never change.

cya,
Howard (I'm going to a ride this weekend; and I don't even have to leave the
state)

cya,
Howard
---- End included message ----