re: melanomas and ulcers

It took my ex-racehorse about 18 months to settle down and actually eat.  I live in Michigan, so he got free choice grass/alfalfa mix with only a pound or so of oats/cracked corn and a scoop of Vita Plus 2 x a day.  Too much grain made him hyper and he just ran off the calories.  If she has the same nervous energy he did coming off the track, just give her time and keep roughage in front of her!