Re: cinching a centered rigged saddle

A point of clarification -- this omission that was brought to my attention
after my last post (I'll blame it on the mountains of cold and cough
medicine I've been taking <g>)...and so as not to confuse others, I'm
sending my response to all.

>At 11:16 AM 3/25/01 -0600, you wrote:
>>>   On
>>> the new DeSoto saddles the rigging is set up with straps from each ring
>>> that go to another ring with a billet attached...the straps can be
adjusted
>>> to give the right amount of stability for each horse and then place the
>>> girth in a good spot so that it doesn't end up behind the horse's elbow.
>>> The long latigo system works in a similar way.
>>

>>	Isn't the adjustable rigging an option on the DeSoto?  The reason I ask
>>is I just ordered one and ordered the adjustable rigging at $80 extra.
>

>Yes...and well worth the money IMO.  I'd forgotten it was optional since
it's now "standard" on my orders.  I have my second saddle due here next
week and will have a third made this summer -- all with this rigging.

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.