Re: RC: RE: RE: Worlds Most Preferred--Really?

I have followed this thread with great interest and I agree with
Debi...but I also agree with Bob.  It all depends on where you stand
when you view the situation.  The one thing that has not been mentioned
is the perspective of others when they look at our sport.  If I ever
feel that this sport is not dominated by people who care deeply about
the welfare of their horses and mostly do this simply "For Love of the
Game", I'm outta here.  If Debi's post were to be published in the local
PETA propaganda, what would the lay person see?  This is our sport and
it is our responsibility to regulate it and insure that it continues to
grow.

Perhaps it's time to look at the way we "win".  "Win" is defined by the
rules of the game.  If you change the rules, you get another definition
of the same thing.  Maybe Endurance should move toward more of a team
sport?  Something to think about. If you could change the rules, what
would you do differently? Can we keep it competitive, fun, and avoid the
inevitable clash over horse abuse?

As to a trip to Dubai, I would prefer an expenses paid trip for me and
Sunny to the West coast to do a ride, say in Oregon or Montana.  <Sigh>
I'll probably never get there.  Anybody offering one?

Jim and Sun of Dimanche