Fw: bit or bitless

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike and Laurie Hilyard
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2001 3:56 AM
Subject: bit or bitless

I ride in an english hackamore (very short shanks) with a padded noseband and leather curb strap.  It took my ex-racehorse about a year to understand that I did not always want him to go faster, and after six years, anything in his mouth still makes him shift as much weight as possible to his forehand.  I love hackamores and have ridden with them most of my life.  I guess I always figured it was training, not hardware, that taught the horse to submit!
Laurie and Revy