Additional Information for the Shine and Shine Only Ride in San Jose this weekend

Ride management for the Shine and Shine Only ride in San Jose this w/e has asked me
post the following additional information about the ride.

The weather is looking good for the ride. Should be a very nice ride.

Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers
in the North Bay
Saturday.   Lows 40s to lower 50s...highs mostly in the 60s.

Mike

*********************

There is a possibility that horses traveling to endurance rides, including
ours, may be exposed to Strangles.  There are 3 cases of strangles that we
know of in our area and the horses may have been in the Quicksilver Park.
None of the horses at the base camp have shown any signs of illness and have
been vaccinated for Strangles.  We have talked to our vets and their only
concern would be water.  The water truck at base camp will have a hose
attached and also the water tank at McAbee.  The rangers have disinfected
the water troughs in the park.  We have been advised that horses can shed
the bacteria for up to a year and that horses that go to rides are exposed
to it all the time.  That is why usually the horses that go to the rides are
fine and the horses at their home come down with it.

RM - SASO Endurance Ride