Re: RC: FW: American River Ride

In a message dated 3/20/01 8:42:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ponyup1@pacbell.net writes:

Wasn’t there a problem with the camping last year-did that get worked out?

Yes, there was a serious problem last year.  When the management applied for
re-sanctioning, I asked for assurance that this problem would not occur
again.  I was told it had been worked out.  Now....if the riders will comply
graciously with park requirements, it should all work out.  But if some
snotty person picks a fight with park rangers, then the ride is history,
unless it finds a non-public campground somewhere.  I know exactly how it
feels sometimes...you (generic) just become so irritated with policies you
think are unreasonable, but if there isn't compliance, there is a serious
risk of losing use of public spaces for rides.  A ride manager can do his/her
best to work with the parks for a staisfactory solution, but in the long run,
the agencies have the control and power.

Barbara